Featured Post

Gathering the Tools for the Tool Box

Hello, gentle readers!  Today I'd like to address the tool box.  The tool box is an accumulation of resources that you can tap in to whe...

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Welcome to You Gotta Walk It By Yourself.  This is a blog that details out my journey with my husband Calvin and his diagnosis of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy.  Some of my posts will be about the early days while some of them will be about what is happening right now.  This blog is for my grandchildren, so hopefully they will get to know their Papaw and it is for you, the person who is scared, lonely and confused about C.T.E. and how it is impacting them and their loved one.  There are people all around that can help but the honest truth is that we have to walk this lonesome valley by ourselves.  

The title comes from an old Appalachian folk song  We sing it at my parish sometimes.  The song began to sneak into my heart as I lay in bed trying to sleep.  Some days I will be positive and full of hope and encouragement.  There will also be days that I will write about how hard all of this is and some of my audience will go "Geez, what a whiner!"  Well, that's just how it is, friends.

9 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you're begun this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for supporting me, Lisa. You're a great sister. I love you!

      Delete
  2. I can't agree more with you Lisa. Terry, during the most stressful years with Steven and after he died, writing helped me to cope on my worst days. I can look back and see how far I have come. This blog will not only help you, but those of us that really don't know enough about Calvin's condition. I will gladly read this so that I can better understand what you are both dealing with. I'm really proud of you for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, I so wish we were closer. You are right, I feel better being able to talk about this. Thanks for supporting me!

      Delete
  3. Thank you,this will help to understand all that is going on with Calvin as well as you I don't know much about Calvin's condition and the will help me and others to better understand .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gail I'm happy to share this. I will continue to share and educate. I also hope to make you all smile a little. If I can't laugh about this, I will cry myself to sleep.

      Delete
  4. I can only sympathize but with your words to guide, will also try to understand. Hugs and wishes for more moments of sunshine than storms and clouds as you struggle with this.

    ReplyDelete