Featured Post

Gathering the Tools for the Tool Box

Hello, gentle readers!  Today I'd like to address the tool box.  The tool box is an accumulation of resources that you can tap in to whe...

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Listen To Your Heart & Your Intuition



Listen to your heart and your intuition.  That was my big lesson today.  Last night was rough, really rough.  Instead of going into detail about that, I'll just say that Calvin was pretty confused and unresponsive.  It was bad.  I got to bed at 4:00 am, got up at 7:00 am long enough to hand my boss a great big bucket of "Nope" when it came to showing up to work today.  After much pleading and cajoling, I got Calvin to come to bed.  I woke up to find Calvin in the backyard in nothing but his underwear.  I know you laughed right then and there and you might feel a little guilty about that because I was so burned out that I was not one drop of amused.  But it's okay that you laughed because, in hindsight, it's pretty funny.

After an hour of frustration and effort, I got Calvin dressed.  There was no way I was going to leave him at home alone.  I could just imagine the dizzying array of demented mischief he could get into and I really didn't want to experience it.  So, I packed him in the car and off we went.  Calvin was barely mumbling answers to questions when I asked simple things like, "what do you want to eat?"  After our first stop at Meijer's pharmacy for a prescription for me, it was off to Lowe's.  I would like to venture to a sidebar here.  Do not, and I mean DO NOT use Lowe's website for store pick-up unless you know what you are doing.  I ordered wire for a ceiling fan to be installed and what I had actually ordered was heavy enough gauge wire to install an electric range with.  D'oh!

After I was done at Lowe's, I got back into the car and looked at Calvin.  I heard a murmur inside saying "Something is wrong."  As I drove to my last stop (Walgreen's) the murmur had erupted into a molten shriek "Something is wrong with Calvin!  Get him to the hospital NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So, here I am at home, alone.  Calvin was admitted into St. Joseph's Hospital with acute renal failure from dehydration and possible neuroleptic malignant syndrome which is a dramatic side effect from one of Calvin's new medications.  He was having trouble breathing, he wouldn't wake up, when he did finally wake up, he didn't know who I was and denied being married.  I know that when he gets well, he will remember who I am but tonight, I am tired, bone tired and I am going to bed.

Listen to your heart and your intuition, they will not deceive you.

No comments:

Post a Comment