Featured Post

Gathering the Tools for the Tool Box

Hello, gentle readers!  Today I'd like to address the tool box.  The tool box is an accumulation of resources that you can tap in to whe...

Friday, June 17, 2016

Mr. Asshole

Hello gentle friends, if profanity offends you, please skip to another post.  You've been warned.

Give credit where credit is due:  the inspiration for this post came from my eldest sister Lisa Rainsong.

Calvin is in the hospital because he is dehydrated, had acute renal failure and is having a bad reaction to his new medications.  Today, I arrived to find him in restraints because he had been combative over the night.  I tried to be sweet, loving, supportive, hell - I even sang to him.

My husband was no longer there.  He was replaced by Mr. Asshole.  He will not eat.  He kicked a respiratory therapist so now he is in 4 point (hands and feet) restraints.  I spent part of the afternoon in tears, repeatedly apologizing to the staff and feeling like a failure.

I stumbled across this song.  I love my husband with all my heart.  I have given him 2 children and 28 years of my life but baby, this gem is for you:  Asshole

Love, your wife who is not a damn failure. See you in the morning, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment