Featured Post

Gathering the Tools for the Tool Box

Hello, gentle readers!  Today I'd like to address the tool box.  The tool box is an accumulation of resources that you can tap in to whe...

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Removing Rocks

I've had a couple people say that I am not walking this valley alone, that I have many people supporting me.  I do, but please let me explain gentle friends.

Every decision I make, I live with.  I sleep with it, I awake with it.  In the dark of the night, I weep bitterly with Kruger and my kitties as company.  I attempt to keep the house.  I haul the heavy trash cans out by myself..  I figure out how to pay the bills by myself.

So, walking this valley is like walking with a massive sack of rocks on my back.  Each rock is a pain or a challenge.  It is so heavy. The valley is lined with my family and friends.  Each of you reach into the sack of rocks, take one out, and throw it away.  My sack is lighter.  I can lift up my head.  I can walk with more of a spring in my step.

And so many of you, more than I can even count, reach into my sack and remove the rocks of fear, anxiety, loneliness, despair by your prayers, your phone calls, your notes on Facebook, the food gifts, the financial help, the practical around-the-house help, the laughter and the hugs.  Each day, I stand straighter.  I walk the valley with more confidence.  I make the plans with more determination.  I face each day with more hope.

You, my dearest family and friends, make this all bearable.  You are all my heart.  You really are.  "Thank you" does not seem to be enough to say.  Please know that I treasure all of you and all the hope you give me.


4 comments:

  1. If I could take your rocks and toss them into a ditch I would in a heartbeat. We should say thank you for allowing those who love and care about you and Calvin to reach into your sack to remove the rocks that are weighing you down. We are learning humility in learning how to ask if you need our assistance or a listening ear.
    Sometimes I wonder why life gives some people so many heavy rocks to carry while others seem to not even know where their rock carrying sack is. I don't think that I'd want to be counted in the second group because I find comfort in knowing that Christ is standing by my side and walking with me.
    I love you, cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetpea, I know you would! I love you, cousin!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too, cousin, and offer my heart, my love, my shoulder...and my husband to mow your yard and plant your flowers. ;)

      Delete
    2. I SO wish we lived closer to each other.

      Delete