Featured Post

Gathering the Tools for the Tool Box

Hello, gentle readers!  Today I'd like to address the tool box.  The tool box is an accumulation of resources that you can tap in to whe...

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

I gotta do WHAT?

This morning, I rummaged around for a clean glass to drink my juice out of.  I realized that I have a small pyramid of dishes in the sink.  I opened the refrigerator to get my juice and a bizarre miasma wafted out.  I realized that tonight is trash night.  I have to do the dishes, clean the cat boxes and clean the refrigerator TONIGHT!

Now, gentle readers, you are probably thinking, "well, big deal."  Am I right?  It is a big deal.  I have had a househusband for almost 27 years.  I have always been very grateful for what he does but now he is not there to do it.  It falls to me and it's an impressive amount of work! 

Amazingly enough, at age 56 going on 57, I have never lived by myself.  In my adult life, I have lived with roommates, lived in a single room in a dorm (that does not count as living by myself), lived with my first husband, lived with my son, lived with Calvin and my family but never by myself.  I talk to Kruger and the cats a lot.  I will just have to get to used to it, I suppose.

Time to grow up, I guess.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Terry!
    That's what pets are for ... Someone to talk to who cares and listens. Certainly the Basenjis are here to make me laugh. Onyx and Linus didn't want to go out one day when it was rainy. Threatening them (and using) spray bottles sent them into a giddy rampage. So I in my infinate wisdom started chasing them with a wooden spoon. They found this even more hilarious. None of my strikes hit anyone as they faked me out, tag teamed me and bounced off walls, furniture and the dining room table. Finally I landed a resounding SMACK! On Onyx's well padded rump.She pursed her lips but was otherwise unphased and went right back into her gleeful gyrations. Using food I managed to get Linus and Onyx back into their crates. Basenjis one, Jan zero. I laughed until tears ran down my face and my sides hurt. Hence the value of pets illustrated.
    And doing trash is WORK.Every Tuesday night it's do all trash cans, both catboxes (emptied and relined with fresh litter liners) the kitchen garbage, and the fridge for aged leftovers. Plus the recycling stuff. That takes about 45 min and I've been doing trash a long time. I do understand! Well I hope I lightened your heart a little and remember I'm hear for you and live you, all day every day.
    ❤Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Jan, you can always make me smile and laugh when you regale me with Basenji Hijinx. Love you!!

      Delete
  2. That last sentence was supposed to read "here for you and love you".

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last sentence was supposed to read "here for you and love you".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete