Featured Post

Gathering the Tools for the Tool Box

Hello, gentle readers!  Today I'd like to address the tool box.  The tool box is an accumulation of resources that you can tap in to whe...

Friday, June 24, 2016

Our Lady of Sorrows, Please Pray For Me



Our Lady of Sorrows, please pray for me.  I thought making the decision to put my husband in a dementia psychiatric unit would be hard.  But this, this, oh my God!

The door slammed and locked as we entered the unit.  The first sound I heard was an old woman wailing: "I'm alone!  I don't want to be alone! Why did they leave me here!"  My heart wrenched.

A man sitting in a recliner fighting a lone overworked nurse struggling to get an I.V. into him, while bored nurses aides look on, completely immune to the nurse's distress and pleas for assistance.

My husband is finally led into a room and told to change into scrubs.  He does so.  He looks into my eyes with a cocktail of terror and fury running across his face.  "Are you really going to leave me here?" "Yes." I answer softly.

Oh my God, what have I done?  

Our Lady of Sorrows, please pray for me!

6 comments:

  1. My heart...no my soul...is crying out to Our Lady of Sorrows with you.
    I am sitting here with tears running down my faces because I can see and feel what Calvin is feeling...what you are feeling as I run to catch up with you both on the road that you are traveling to let you know that you are not alone. That you are both so very loved.
    The only Scripture that comes to my weeping soul is our Lord's words "Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?" (Mark 15:34a).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Terry, I'm so sorry for both of you! What have you done? The only thing you could have done!I'm sure he's scared and furious, and I know you are feeling heartbroken and devastated. But you are a loving and dedicated spouse. This is a cruel disease that does not leave you or Calvin with other options. You are doing everything you possibly can for his safety and yours, and it's the disease that is heartless - not you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thank you for supporting me so much. Thank you for being a great sister.

      Delete
  3. Hi Terry ...
    I would speak to the head nurse as to what you saw. That's ridiculous. I'd see that kind of stuff now & then @ Hilltop. I had no problem reporting it to Dale ...back B4 the rape that is.
    I agree with Lisa ... What else could you do??? Not only is this for his and your safety but also Mary's and Nielsen's and the Grandkids. Remember Lisa is pretty wise ... Think if all the tough calls she made for and about Mother.
    Remember you aren't alone! We are here for you anytime.
    I LOVE YOU
    JAN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I am incredibly blessed to have two wonderful and supportive sisters!

      Delete