Featured Post

Gathering the Tools for the Tool Box

Hello, gentle readers!  Today I'd like to address the tool box.  The tool box is an accumulation of resources that you can tap in to whe...

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Hooray and Oh, No!

Calvin is being discharged from the dementia unit of the hospital today.  I just received the call less than 6 hours before discharge time.  I have missed Calvin so much.  I love him so much.  I am so excited that he will be home.  Kruger, the dog, and all the cats will be so happy to see Daddy.

I am so scared that Calvin is coming home.  I don't have home health care completely in place yet.  The house is not all clean like I wanted it.  I have been on the phone with the insurance company, home health agencies, Calvin's mother, just to try to get things in order.  I am afraid that Calvin will get himself into trouble. 

I admit that I will miss the quiet evenings to myself when I could watch what I wanted to on T.V., play on the computer, crochet, all the things I enjoy doing.  Perhaps that sounds selfish.  But, imagine having to work 24 hours a day.  In the morning, I have to make sure Calvin is either at his mother's or his home health aide is there.  Then, I have to go to work, wondering if I will get multiple phone calls from Calvin.  I come home and the home health aide leaves.  Calvin's care is completely up to me at that point.  I need to cook dinner, clean up from dinner, do the cat boxes and any other chores, all the while taking care of Calvin's needs.  When I say my prayers before bed, I know that I might very well be woken up during the night because Calvin might pull some weirdness, like going out for a walk at 1:00am.

I am so delighted and so scared that Calvin is coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment